College House Deans' Integrated Knowledge Award
The mission of the College Houses at Penn is to provide supportive residential communities for undergraduate students. By design, the Houses integrate the intellectual and academic experiences of the conventional classroom with the everyday life—through programming, events, and powerful interactions between faculty, staff, and students.
In support of that academic mission, the College House Deans, who serve as chief administrators of these communities, are pleased to announce the opening of applications for the fifth annual College House Deans Integrated Knowledge Award.
This award is strictly designed for College House residents whose activities and participation have directly benefitted their own College House.
Congratulations to our 2014 winners! Read about them here.
- In 1,000 words or fewer, describe in explicit terms how you have shared your personal knowledge, skills and expertise with members of your House — whether it's knowledge gained in the classroom and/or from life experience — and how the House benefitted. This information will be entered into the website at the time of application;
- Two references in support of your candidacy are required. We encourage, but do not require, that one of these references be written by a member of the faculty.
- Only current residents of the 11 College Houses are eligible.
- You must be an undergraduate at the University of Pennsylvania.
- College House Resident Advisors (RAs) may apply.
- No minimum GPA is required, however, you must be in good academic standing.
Note: College House Graduate Associates (GAs) are not eligible.
Submit a nomination
- Nominations and applications accepted: beginning Friday, March 6, 2015
- Deadline to nominate a Housemate: Friday, March 27, 2015
- Deadline for all application materials including recommendations: Wednesday, April 8, 2015
- Winners announced: Friday, April 10, 2015
The award recipients will receive a cash prize at a special award dinner in April 2015:
- First prize: $1,000
- Second prize: $500
- Third prize: $250
Nominations will be reviewed by the College House Deans and the College House Directors currently supervising the Houses that are seeking new Deans: Patricia C. Williams of Du Bois; Shawna Patterson of Fisher Hassenfeld; Dr. Christopher Donovan of Gregory; Dr. Frank Pellicone of Harrison; Stephanie Weaver of Hill; Dr. Krimo Bokreta of Kings Court English; Dr. Marilynne Diggs-Thompson of Riepe; Tommy Murphy of Rodin; Amanda Atkinson of Stouffer; Dr. Licinia "Lulu" Barrueco Kaliher, Director of First-Year Houses; Richard LaRosa, Director of Upper Class Houses; and Ryan Keytack, Director of Four Year Houses.
• Please direct questions and comments to email@example.com.