Showcasing the work of Penn's student filmmakers from across the schools, the Penn Student Film Festival gives artists and audiences alike an opportunity to share and enjoy the creative output of fresh cinematic voices. Co-sponsored by and hosted in the College Houses, this three-night festival welcomes short film submissions from any student at Penn and invites the whole Penn community to watch and appreciate their work.
Penn Student Film Festival Winners, 2014
- 1st prize $500 : Warfare: Imagined | Ivan Moutinho, 2014
- 2nd prize $250 : Separation | Alex Rafi, 2014
- 3rd prize $150: Success | Miller Radford, 2013
- Audience Favorite $100: Repeat Thru | Dylan Hansen-Fliendner & Jason Jadick, 2014
2015 Submission Guidelines:
Films can be no longer than 8 minutes.
All genres of films will be accepted to the competition. There will not be separate categories for awards.
All entries must be submitted in DVD readable format.
Each film must be accompanied by an entry form (see below).
Each individual or team can submit no more than 1 entry.
All entries must have been made in the 2014-15 year.
We will not disqualify films that contain copyrighted material. However, please be aware that you will not be able to submit your film to other festivals or additional outlets if it contains copyrighted materials.
We will not accept films that have already been submitted to past editions of the Penn Student Film Festival.
HOW TO SUBMIT FILMS
• Send or submit your film no later than Monday, March 30, 2015.
• Films must be sent or handed in to:
Penn Student Film Festival, 2015
Cinema Studies Program
209A Fisher-Bennett Hall
3340 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6273
• 2015 Film Submission Form (Forms-capable PDF)
• 2015 Film Submission Form (Word)
2015 Screening Schedule
Tuesday, March 31, 8:00 pm
Du Bois College House
Location: First floor, Multipurpose Room
Wednesday, April 1, 8:00 pm
Harrison College House
Location: Heyer Sky Lounge
Thursday, April 2, 8:00 pm
Gregory College House
Location: Van Pelt Cinema Lounge