Commitment to Privacy
The Office of College Houses & Academic Services at the University of Pennsylvania is committed to providing access to services and information online in a manner that respects and protects your privacy. This statement describes our information collection practices and explains how we use and protect your personal information. This statement applies only to information collected by this web site.
What we collect and why
• Your login information. Login information is used to determine whether or not you are authorized to use specific services. Passwords are not stored.
• Personally identifiable information that you provide voluntarily. This includes information such as contact information that allows us to respond to your requests and information you provide in online web forms (e.g., application forms, registration forms, survey forms, etc.). This information is used to process your application, respond to your requests, communicate with you, and provide you with better service.
• Auto-collected information (web logs). Our web server automatically recognizes the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed our web site, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visited on our site, as well as information automatically forwarded by your browser. This information is used to help us understand aggregate uses of our site, track usage trends, and improve our services. Web logs may also be used for system problem monitoring and maintenance. This information is retained on a temporary basis and then deleted completely from our systems.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share your information with third parties except
• as required by law,
• as necessary to protect the University's interests,
• with service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed in writing to protect the confidentiality of the data, or
• in instances that you permit OR in accordance with your consent.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
This site may contain links to other web sites not affiliated with our office. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, including other University of Pennsylvania sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of other sites for assurance that their practices safeguard your privacy.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
This web site is intended for use by people aged 13 or older. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
CHANGES TO STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time and will post the changes on this web page.
We welcome suggestions and questions about our privacy statement. Please use this form to send us these comments. If you have questions about privacy at Penn overall, please send email to email@example.com, call 1-888-BEN-TIPS (1-888-236-8477), or visit www.upenn.edu/privacy.