Join Us

How to get on-campus housing if you are not appointed as an RA

If you would like to live on campus, you should apply for University housing through the appropriate process. Information concerning Penn room selection procedures is distributed to on-campus students and advertised in the campus press early in the spring semester. If you receive a room assignment and subsequently accept a staff appointment, be sure to inform the Department of Residential Services Assignments Office in order to have your room assignment canceled without penalty.

The Department of Residential Services, Assignments Office (Stouffer Commons, 3702 Spruce Street, Philadelphia PA 19104-6027, 215-898-8271,​) can answer questions concerning room selection and assignment procedures. The Residential Services website is at

RA Applicants

If you are not selected to be an RA, you will have adequate time to make an informed decision about your housing for the 2018-2019 academic year. RA offers will be communicated on January 26, 2018.

Applications to live in Residential Programs open January 17 and remain open until January 22.  

The In-House application process will open on January 30, and inter-House application process will open on February 12.

NOTE: You are responsible for all arrangements regarding off-campus housing. While the central College Houses office will make every effort to notify you of the status of your application in a timely manner, we are not responsible for any housing expenditures or commitments that candidates have made.