Join Us

How to get on-campus housing if you are not appointed as a GA

If you would like to live on campus, you should apply for University housing through the appropriate process. Information concerning Penn room selection procedures is distributed to on-campus students and advertised in the campus press early in the spring semester. If you receive a room assignment and subsequently accept a staff appointment, be sure to inform the Department of Residential Services, Assignments Office in order to have your room assignment cancelled without penalty.

The Department of Residential Services, Assignments Office (Stouffer Commons, 3702 Spruce Street, Philadelphia PA 19104-6027, 215-898-8271) can answer questions concerning room selection and assignment procedures. The Residential Services website is at

NOTE: College Houses and Academic Services is not responsible for any housing expenditures or commitments a candidate may choose to make regardless of their status in the selection process.