Join Us

Open Positions in CHAS

A search is currently underway for a Senior Director for Academic and Residential Programs.

At any given time in the year, there may be open staff positions in College Houses & Academic Services.  The Penn Human Resources website offers an easy way to search for those positions as well as a portal to apply.

Go to and click on "Search Postings".  Entering "College Houses and Academic Services" in the search bar will pull up House-related positions, some of which are within CHAS.

All other positions, such as student managers, student RA teams, and faculty in residence are filled through different processes not coordinated by Human Resources.

For general questions about joining the CHAS staff — administrative or in-residence — send an email query to

Senior Director for Academic and Residential Programs

Reporting to the Executive Director of College Houses and Academic Services (CHAS), the Senior Director for Academic and Residential Programs oversees academic-related CHAS programs and centralized systems. As a member of the CHAS leadership team, the Senior Director has the opportunity to play a defining role in the experience of 6000 Penn undergraduate students living in the 13 College Houses. The Senior Director will provide direction and develop innovative approaches to benefit all students, across all developmental levels, within Penn’s Living Learning communities of CHAS. The Senior Director will lead efforts in collaboration with partners at the University of Pennsylvania to ensure, assess, and refine our practices to provide vibrant student living-learning communities and other co-curricular programs throughout and across the College Houses.

View the full position description & application

College House Fellows

The Offices of the Provost and the College Houses and Academic Services (CHAS) invite applications for service as a College House Fellow.  This is a residentially-based position that carries a two-year term.

Faculty applicants from all 12 of Penn’s schools are welcome to apply.  The most important qualification is an enthusiastic interest in mentoring and engaging undergraduate students within the residential setting.  Members of the University’s faculty and full-time administrative staff in academic or student affairs who will be in their positions for at least two years are welcome to apply.

College House Fellows play a key role in connecting the Houses to the larger academic community at Penn. Fellows are responsible for working with the Faculty Director to develop each College House as an educational resource that encourages intellectual inquiry, promotes academic programs in residence, fosters faculty and student interaction and builds strong, supportive House and CHAS communities. Specific responsibilities will differ from House to House, but the general time commitment is approximately 10 hours per week.

Although there are 25 Fellow positions in the College House system, the number of openings seldom exceeds six. For these highly-sought-after positions, the selection process can be quite competitive. Applicants are reviewed by the Undergraduate Deans, the Office of College Houses and its Faculty Director, and the individual House community members, including the House Faculty Director, House Directors and student residents.

Information about each College House, the Fellow positions and application process may be found at  Please explore the “join us” section of the website for position information.  If you have any questions please contact Prof. Deven Patel, Faculty Director of CHAS (

View the full position description | View position addendum

Access the position questionnaire